Monday, May 11, 2009

Cary Grant

Want to be like Cary Grant? I know I do. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000026/)

Besides being in a couple of Alfred Hitchcock's best movies, there is something magnetic about his presence that is hard to explain, but I will try my best (I'll do so in list form).

1. His Style: When you look that sharp in a full suit, there is no reason to wear anything else. The man also happens to have great hair (parted right to left I might add, which is the proper way to do things if you ask me).

2. His Walk: I don't know if all (3) of my readers have seen a Cary Grant film, but if you have you know what I'm talking about. His walk is tres nonchalant, without looking too relaxed or sloppy.

3. His Moves: Cary Grant is a huge ladies man. Don't believe me? Watch the movie "Houseboat" and see what I mean. In true pimp fashion, he holds her close on the dance floor, gazes deeply into her eyes and gives her a taste of what it's like to be the only woman in his world (without making the big move I might add). Maybe I'm just a romantic at heart . . .

4. His Voice: What a smooth talker. He has that quintessential old movie star voice. Rugged and deep without sounding like Michael Clarke Duncan. A perfect pitch and frequency for sweet talking the ladies while slow dancing.

Well, that is my update for tonight. I hope this inspires you to watch a Cary Grant film or perhaps more. Most likely, you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. His Girl Friday! Amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Cary Grant. Especially in "North by Northwest" and "To Catch a Thief."

    ReplyDelete